LEGACYOFLIES.COM - FORUMS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I've been cheating on you

+17
NoNameBrand
slowDan
Tuktuk
amped™
DonaemouS
Cowgirl
djpimley
T5
RIC
slow
alphonse
leoantix
C14ru5
Tomte
See Flat
Toad
DANDY
21 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

I've been cheating on you - Page 6 Empty Re: I've been cheating on you

Post  Kenners Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:33 am

DANDY wrote:Ran some laps with Kenners on his 'L'il RLers Server' last night, beating on Fiat X/19s.
List of Hosted Mods and direct links Here
The computer that the server is running on, and the rFactor server software, have been rock solid, and my network is having no problems with the traffic (can theoretically host 50!). It's been nice to see 6 or 7 familiar names logging on occasionally.

Cheers,

Kenners

Kenners
Veteran
Veteran

Number of posts : 240
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  DANDY Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:04 pm

Kenners wrote:
DANDY wrote:Ran some laps with Kenners on his 'L'il RLers Server' last night, beating on Fiat X/19s.
The computer that the server is running on, and the rFactor server software, have been rock solid, and my network is having no problems with the traffic (can theoretically host 50!). It's been nice to see 6 or 7 familiar names logging on occasionally.

/Roger Roger....jumped on to an afternoon Race2Play e21 race @ Montreal yesterday and was delighted to see a familiar RLer...we both ran decently, avoiding start-line carnage, and ran some laps at Kenners' afterwards. Good practice for the evening race where I finished much better, avoiding even more start-line carnage!

It would be great to set up a regular meeting time where one might expect to find others on the server.
DANDY
DANDY
Veteran
Veteran

Number of posts : 323
Interests : Auto/Moto (Virtual and actual), Tunes
Humor : Saint-Louis du Ha! Ha!
Favorite Car : 2002 tii
Favorite Track : Schwarzer Wald
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://www.race2play.com/team/prw

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenners Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:26 pm

DANDY wrote:
Kenners wrote:

/Roger Roger....jumped on to an afternoon Race2Play e21 race @ Montreal yesterday and was delighted to see a familiar RLer...we both ran decently, avoiding start-line carnage, and ran some laps at Kenners' afterwards. Good practice for the evening race where I finished much better, avoiding even more start-line carnage!

It would be great to set up a regular meeting time where one might expect to find others on the server.

+1.

-K

Kenners
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenners Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:44 pm

The rMactor setup guide says:

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED Performance Tweak: rFactor ships with single cpu support. To unleash all your horses, open the rFactor alias placed in your Home folder/Applications. Rt-click/Ctrl click it, open package contents, and open the Info.plist file. Look for the CrossoverHelper Command field, and double-click the string. Add a space and +fullproc to the end. The last bit should look like this: ...Programs/rFactor/rFactor" +fullproc
This cleans up many graphics issues, and overall gameplay is much smoother.

I can't seem to do this when booted into Windows via Boot Camp.. Got any hints?

-K

Kenners
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post  amped™ Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:18 pm

I completely gave up on it......40 bucks down the drain, lol. Ill try again on a bootcamp partition on the new laptop. I couldn't get skins to work, and didn't fully understand "races". I always seemed to bop into rooms and people were taking hot laps, no set races or anything that I could find.....and there is sooo much information to sift through and different websites, its a bit intimidating to say the least......

amped™
Veteran
Veteran

Number of posts : 142
Interests : Graphic duhziner, honkey, handsome, sweetheart
Humor : no, there i none of that
Favorite Car : honkeymobile™
Favorite Track : honkey hideout

Back to top Go down

Post  alphonse Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:31 pm

I fully do understand that rFactor is a great game - once you get it to work. I was doing some laps there too... but this topic gets over my head.

There was and still is a Redline community, we have legacyoflies.com, RLPAU, Developers, brains, racers.

If you feel like rFactor is your way to go for the future, just do it. I wont.
But i would be pleased if this topic ends now.
Post a link (only one is allowed Wink ) to possible switchers if you like. I understand any reason for this.
But this forum holds the name legacyoflies, and as long as leo dont switch, please use your own board.

sorry - it might be my somehow bad mood today...

alf
alphonse
alphonse

Number of posts : 449
Interests : Hobbies:tennis in summer, curling in winter, and fooling around all the time...
Humor : from black to white (no racism in here)
Favorite Car : Porsche 968, Mini, some C2's, of course the Alfa TCC Wink
Favorite Track : Monaco GP, Imola, Spa

Back to top Go down

Post  DANDY Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:55 pm

alphonse wrote:
But this forum holds the name legacyoflies, and as long as leo dont switch, please use your own board.
Sorry to offend alf. The use of the board has been cleared with the leo. It's obvious to me that some are interested in using multiple sims. Who knows, experiences gained elsewhere may pay dividends back into RL development.

btw, if I thought I could make it to a proper amount of TCC races, I'd be in there, but I had too many schedule conflicts.

Kenners wrote: Add a space and +fullproc to the end.
Got any hints?
Do this in the Target field of your rFac shortcut.

amped™ wrote:I completely gave up on it......40 bucks down the drain, lol. Ill try again on a bootcamp partition on the new laptop. I couldn't get skins to work, and didn't fully understand "races". I always seemed to bop into rooms and people were taking hot laps, no set races or anything that I could find.....and there is sooo much information to sift through and different websites, its a bit intimidating to say the least......
The format is Practice then Qualify then Race.... Organize your server list by number of players, and try some Megane races - they're running non-stop.

drop me a PM we'll arrange a TS meeting to figure it out...Personally I'd uninstall then reinstall first. If it's still wonky, the new Mac is sure to kick ass pig
DANDY
DANDY
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post  djpimley Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:20 pm

DANDY wrote:Sorry to offend alf.
Then perhaps you'd like to change your avatar from the insulting "flogging a dead horse" gag? It always seemed to me this was a little joke at Redline's expense, since it appeared just after you embraced rFactor.
djpimley
djpimley
Veteran
Veteran

Number of posts : 691

Back to top Go down

Post  DANDY Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:17 am

djpimley wrote:Then perhaps you'd like to change your avatar from the insulting "flogging a dead horse" gag? It always seemed to me this was a little joke at Redline's expense, since it appeared just after you embraced rFactor.
I hadn't thought of it that way.
DANDY
DANDY
Veteran
Veteran