LEGACYOFLIES.COM - FORUMS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What's consuming your time today?

+24
T5
alphonse
Tuktuk
Cowgirl
Kenners
zaphod
Brook
Valentin K
Pax-raider
Toad
See Flat
C14ru5
NoNameBrand
slow
Tomte
slowDan
djpimley
amped™
DANDY
DonaemouS
leoantix
theSnail .@y
Speeddemon
GeneralAntilles
28 posters

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

What's consuming your time today? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's consuming your time today?

Post  See Flat Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:56 pm

slowDan wrote:...and then realising that I probably missed a good race by watching the hills and trees to closely. cyclops

Is this next one Dan ?

I'm thinking next RLTCC.... hoping for Watkins Glen, Thuxton, Imola and Brands. I only want finished tracks in the event though so It might just be wishful thinking. Then again.... I dont mind holding off the event. I have no timetable.

As a feeler... I'm thinking..... less participants, more cars per race as in 2 groups of 10, no eternal break in the middle of the event. 4 consecutive weeks.... this info privy to legacy crowd.

Will read comments, opinions and suggestions but in the end... Dictator approach still applies. Wink

SF
See Flat
See Flat
Veteran
Veteran

Number of posts : 303
Interests : Music / Redline
Favorite Car : Volvo S60R STCC
Favorite Track : Monaco
Registration date : 2008-08-29

http://legacyoflies.com/tcc/index.html

Back to top Go down

What's consuming your time today? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's consuming your time today?

Post  slowDan Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:49 pm

See Flat wrote:Is this next one Dan ?
Yep, well under way now. Still need to throw some more buildings, trees and advertising at it before first release. But I'm figuring that will be within another couple of weeks. That should be perfectly race-able but not quite as pretty as it could be!

Back to juggling trees! Smile
slowDan
slowDan
Addict
Addict

Number of posts : 92
Interests : Design/Racing!
Favorite Car : Porsche 968 RS Turbo
Favorite Track : Spa Francorchamps
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://slowdan.co.nr

Back to top Go down

Post  leoantix Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:59 pm

mmm ... two big dogs making two good tracks and another serving coming from the RLTMC as well, this will be one fun and full fall season bounce
leoantix
leoantix
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 657
Interests : construction, racing, women, quake
Humor : is purely optional
Favorite Car : sauber c9, radical sr4 & sr8
Favorite Track : lime rock, pembrey, monza
Registration date : 2008-08-27

http://www.legacyoflies.com/?p=home

Back to top Go down

Post  Toad Sun Nov 16, 2008 9:31 pm

Keeping a close eye on the wife (see below)

Had a very long and fun session today hosted by Alphonse and Slow, almost made up for all the time this week I did not have access to the wheel room.

Among other things in the chat today, the Los Angeles fires came up, and we talked about the Santa Ana (like Mistral in Spain) winds that create the vast fast moving deadly fire walls. It must have been really bad yesterday cause the planes and Helicopters were flying at night, something they never do normally. Many hundreds of homes burned.

From Wikipedia: The Santa Ana winds (also known as Santana winds) are strong, extremely dry offshore winds that characteristically sweep through California in late fall into winter. They can range from hot to cold, depending on the source which is the Great Basin (That includes Utah CG, but not you personally). However, the winds are remembered most for the hot dry weather (often the hottest of the year) that they bring in the fall.

Here's a relevant quote by the great detective novelist Raymond Chandler on the Santa Ana winds:

"Those hot dry winds that come down through the mountain passes and curl your hair and make your nerves jump and your skin itch. On nights like that every booze party ends in a fight. Meek little wives feel the edge of the carving knife and study their husbands' necks. Anything can happen."
Toad
Toad
Veteran
Veteran

Number of posts : 184
Interests : Nortons
Humor : What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof.
Favorite Track : Mugello

Back to top Go down

Post  djpimley Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:25 am

Toad wrote:Anything can happen..."

"... You can even get a full glass of beer at a cocktail lounge." Wink

"Red Wind" - Raymond Chandler
djpimley
djpimley
Veteran
Veteran

Number of posts : 691

Back to top Go down

Post  Pax-raider Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:56 am

See Flat wrote:I'm thinking next RLTCC.... hoping for Watkins Glen, Thuxton, Imola and Brands. I only want finished tracks in the event though so It might just be wishful thinking. Then again.... I dont mind holding off the event. I have no timetable.
I got one half done that might fit nicely. No timetable either, so can't say when it'll be done. About half the buildings done and scenery model just beginning (but its a relatively simple one). Some spy shots may sneak their way past the guards soon... Suspect
Pax-raider
Pax-raider
Veteran
Veteran

Number of posts : 281
Humor : Eddie Izzard, Python
Favorite Car : Ferrari 156 Sharknose
Favorite Track : Monaco
Registration date : 2008-10-31

Back to top Go down

Post  Tomte Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:04 pm

GeneralAntilles wrote:
BMW E30 M3 - Exterior model is largely finished (pylons need work and it needs a spoiler), physics are meh.
Oh bugger, I only saw your post today. And I thought I have a break from that car making malarkey.
I would take it on and get a team together for the textures. Maybe it is time for some old school DTM races after all.
Tomte
Tomte
Veteran
Veteran

Number of posts : 559
Interests : my daughter... hardly any time for anything else
Humor : I'm German. Was ist Humor?
Favorite Car : I'm not the driver, I'm the mechanic.
Favorite Track : Spa-Francorchamps

Back to top Go down

Post  leoantix Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:41 pm