LEGACYOFLIES.COM - FORUMS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WRC fix testing in progress

2 posters

Go down

WRC fix testing in progress Empty WRC fix testing in progress

Post  A-rod Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:52 pm

Hi folks,

I'm in the process of updating the WRC fix pack, and I'd like to make this a pre-release "party", so that I can get your opinions on the four vehicles. I've done a lot of work, making spec tire sizes for tarmac and dirt, re-doing gearings, giving the Impreza an interior and the Celica some new tarmac wheels, adjusting inertia (re-doing collision boxes because RLaddict used the built-in Charger's box!!!Evil or Very Mad), etc. Tomte has been of great help tweaking the Impreza tarmac version, though the dirt verions of both cars have been "untouched be expert hands". I was hoping you guys could help me out with ironing out any gremlins before an official release.

Anyway, here 'tis:
http://www.box.net/shared/yf4s3vtmo6

Thanks,
Adam

PS- Theo Huxtable and I are trying to make all the WRCs roughly competitive with each other; would there be any interest in a rally series in Redline? Surprised

Last edited by A-rod on Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
A-rod
A-rod
Addict
Addict

Number of posts : 89
Favorite Car : Jaguar E-type, CJ-5
Favorite Track : Safari Rally, Black Forest, Laguna Seca
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

WRC fix testing in progress Empty Re: WRC fix testing in progress

Post  theSnail .@y Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:30 pm

Well, I only have 2 cars under "WRC" in the car selection of RL : subaru impreza tarmac & toyota celica dirt.
The subaru has no windows (every glass parts are painted white instead). The celica is ok.

The older fixed cars are there under "fixed" …

I only put your new folder into the plugins folder … is there anything else ? Or did I musunderstood something ?
theSnail .@y
theSnail .@y
Veteran
Veteran

Number of posts : 131
Favorite Car : Many
Favorite Track : A lot
Registration date : 2008-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post  A-rod Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:53 pm

theSnail .@y wrote:Well, I only have 2 cars under "WRC" in the car selection of RL : subaru impreza tarmac & toyota celica dirt.
The subaru has no windows (every glass parts are painted white instead). The celica is ok.

The older fixed cars are there under "fixed" …

I only put your new folder into the plugins folder … is there anything else ? Or did I musunderstood something ?

*Smacks head against wall repeatedly*

Grrr...no, you didn't do anything wrong. That would be me forgetting to rename the cars and having too many characters in the new glass name. Check the link again.

My bad. silent
A-rod
A-rod
Addict
Addict

Back to top Go down

Post  theSnail .@y Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:59 pm

Thanks - 4 cars now Very Happy
Nice updates. I like the new interior. Will their be shadows too ? Rally cars jump often and I miss the shadow …
I only had time to test the dirt versions on @watchtower hill. My first impressions are that the Subaru gives more fun, while the Toyota is more "straight" and easy to drive. Tomorrow will be tarmac versions turn …

As for the rally interest, I remember Alphonse's poll about tournaments, and rallies were what many redliners were asking for.
theSnail .@y
theSnail .@y
Veteran
Veteran

Number of posts : 131
Favorite Car : Many
Favorite Track : A lot
Registration date : 2008-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post  A-rod Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:08 pm

theSnail .@y wrote:Thanks - 4 cars now Very Happy
Will their be shadows too ? Rally cars jump often and I miss the shadow …

As it stands? Perhaps. The models are pretty poly heavy, so I don't want to hurt performance. I'll see what I can do.

[dreaming]Of course, if I could get, say, a Subaru 22b STi from Toca Race Driver 3...Very Happy[/dreaming]
A-rod
A-rod
Addict
Addict

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content