LEGACYOFLIES.COM - FORUMS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

O hai!

+9
theSnail .@y
Toad
Lippa
Tuktuk
Pax-raider
DonaemouS
Valentin K
Kenners
djpimley
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

O hai! - Page 2 Empty Re: O hai!

Post  alphonse Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:42 pm

i tested it after post 1...

physics seems not really accurate.
staying on track is possible, adjusting controls too.

in relation to rfactor, its really poor.
in relation to redline too - thats what the developers did!

no online gaming on whenever i tried to be there. the default nopass is silly, the handling of the mp-interface too.

all in all - i am ready for a test, but playing rfactor on parallels seems much more like an option for me at this point.

alf
alphonse
alphonse

Number of posts : 449
Interests : Hobbies:tennis in summer, curling in winter, and fooling around all the time...
Humor : from black to white (no racism in here)
Favorite Car : Porsche 968, Mini, some C2's, of course the Alfa TCC Wink
Favorite Track : Monaco GP, Imola, Spa
Registration date : 2008-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Toad Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:23 pm

alphonse wrote:i tested it after post 1...

all in all - i am ready for a test, but playing rfactor on parallels seems much more like an option for me at this point.

alf

So what Mac are you using Parallels to play rFactor with Alphonse? Are the i3-i5-1-7 machines that strong now?

Last year I was running a 2.6 Mhz Core 2 Duo iMac in Boot Camp that had to run limited Graphics settings (That machine actually blew up while running rFactor). With really big fields (over 40 cars) there were lots of problems with lag and display. I'm interested because if you can run big races in Parallels, option 1 would be, sell my 2010 MBP, for one of the newer models. I saw an i-7 13" MBP for $1200 the other day. That was tempting even without the prospect of running rFactor on it.
Toad
Toad
Veteran
Veteran

Number of posts : 184
Interests : Nortons
Humor : What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof.
Favorite Track : Mugello

Back to top Go down

Post  See Flat Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:57 pm

Toad wrote:
So what Mac are you using Parallels to play rFactor with Alphonse? Are the i3-i5-1-7 machines that strong now?

Hi Toad!

I have parallel's but never run rFactor from it. I use bootcamp. I use to run rfactor on my old MPB 1.86 dual core (first generation model) And NEVER had any issues, although it would get rather hot, and the fans would run all the time because of the graphics. I did have all settings on high, and never had issues with lag or display, running 20 30 cars in a race.

I now have a MBP 15.4 / i7 quad 2.2 with high end graphics card ( 1 gig video memory) The game is pretty spectacular. Been racing with Kenners and mentioned the other day how disappointed I was we had not attracted more from the old gang on the fun we are having.

Cheers

SF
See Flat
See Flat
Veteran
Veteran

Number of posts : 303
Interests : Music / Redline
Favorite Car : Volvo S60R STCC
Favorite Track : Monaco
Registration date : 2008-08-29

http://legacyoflies.com/tcc/index.html

Back to top Go down

Post  Lippa Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:11 am

See Flat wrote:
Been racing with Kenners and mentioned the other day how disappointed I was we had not attracted more from the old gang on the fun we are having.

Cheers

SF

Hi SeeFlat, gentleman driver.
I'm one of the old gang.
RL is becoming like the Desert of the Tartars or the graveyard of the elephants
and I feel very much like an old elephant at this time...
However I don't have much time right now to install everything you need and learn to use it
(Kopje has promised me to help me...), but I follow you here on the forum and I hope to play with you soon.
To all the old RLdrivers become rFactordrivers
Ciao and Happy New Year! rendeer

LippA

p.s.: I will follow you the next day by the Dolomites, hoping in the snow...

Lippa
Addict
Addict

Number of posts : 30
Interests : leisure
Humor : mamma mia!
Favorite Car : lotus exige
Favorite Track : spa
Registration date : 2008-10-08

Back to top Go down

Post  DonaemouS Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:16 am

ot

no words...

/ot
DonaemouS
DonaemouS

Number of posts : 742
Favorite Car : BMW M Coupe
Favorite Track : Nordschleife

http://www.games4mac.it

Back to top Go down

Post  alphonse Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:51 am

Toad wrote:[quote="alphonse"So what Mac are you using Parallels to play rFactor with Alphonse? Are the i3-i5-1-7 machines that strong now?

Playing rFactor with an i7 MBP, Parallels and win 7.
Its hard to have to run winblows to have fun - but bootingin bootcamp (which is smoother for sure) just is not (yet) an option for me.

I get some lag on kenners server, and i fear in races with 40 there might be some issues. but never tried it honestly. hanging around on lil rl server is what i need to get used to it.

waiting for rFactor 2...

Anyway - my post yesterday might sound harsh, but the gui of ASD is just... really ugly imo.

alf
alphonse
alphonse

Number of posts : 449
Interests : Hobbies:tennis in summer, curling in winter, and fooling around all the time...
Humor : from black to white (no racism in here)
Favorite Car : Porsche 968, Mini, some C2's, of course the Alfa TCC Wink
Favorite Track : Monaco GP, Imola, Spa

Back to top Go down

Post  Lippa Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:17 am

DonaemouS wrote:
no words...

Only one word: stica! affraid

Lippa
Addict
Addict

Number of posts : 30
Interests : leisure
Humor : mamma mia!
Favorite Car : lotus exige
Favorite Track : spa
Registration date : 2008-10-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuktuk Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:57 am

DonaemouS wrote:ot
no words...
/ot
OT
Wow. Simulation starts to overtake reality.
But in this video is a small trick, the cameraman is shaking his cam a bit during filming the screen to increase the reality effect.
/OT

Tuktuk
Veteran
Veteran

Number of posts : 205

Back to top Go down

Post  Pax-raider Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:19 pm

This probably should be a new topic, but if you're reading this thread and haven't watched the clip Don posted, do so immediately... Shocked

Tuk, I think the wobbling is actually built in to the car's behavior, simulating some limited independent movement of different parts of the car on bumps.

What I'm also seeing is subtle shifts in the driver's position forwards and backwards, evidenced by the movement of the mirrors; its matching what would actually happen under braking (you move forward), or hard acceleration (you are pushed back into your seat). Makes a big difference in the realism.

Truly amazing, my son was watching over my shoulder and didn't realize it wasn't real footage. How much is a new PC?? cyclops
Pax-raider
Pax-raider
Veteran
Veteran

Number of posts : 281
Humor : Eddie Izzard, Python
Favorite Car : Ferrari 156 Sharknose
Registration date : 2008-10-31

Back to top Go down

Post  See Flat Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:00 am

Pax-raider wrote:This probably should be a new topic, but if you're reading this thread and haven't watched the clip Don posted, do so immediately... Shocked

Tuk, I think the wobbling is actually built in to the car's behavior, simulating some limited independent movement of different parts of the car on bumps.

What I'm also seeing is subtle shifts in the driver's position forwards and backwards, evidenced by the movement of the mirrors; its matching what would actually happen under braking (you move forward), or hard acceleration (you are pushed back into your seat). Makes a big difference in the realism.

Truly amazing, my son was watching over my shoulder and didn't realize it wasn't real footage. How much is a new PC?? cyclops

some of that bumping motion, and also the moving of the driver back and forth when accelerating and braking is also present in rFactor 1 but this seems even more realistic.
See Flat
See Flat
Veteran
Veteran

Number of posts : 303
Interests : Music / Redline
Favorite Car : Volvo S60R STCC

http://legacyoflies.com/tcc/index.html

Back to top Go down

Post  djpimley Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:50 am

Pax-raider wrote:How much is a new PC?? cyclops
You can probably buy a cheap piece of shit for $600, and good luck running rFactor on it. But how much for a PC that can run rFactor2 at the quality seen in that video? Well that is another question entirely and I fear the answer would not make you happy. Wink
djpimley
djpimley
Veteran
Veteran

Number of posts : 691

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuktuk Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:45 am

Pax-raider wrote:
I didn't mean the built in wobbling but the additional wobbling caused by filming it free hand from the screen. You can see the frame of the screen is wobbling too so you have an extra realistic effect.

PS: In the official trailer of rF2 sometimes they simulated also a hand held cam during replays with similar effects.

Tuktuk
Veteran
Veteran

Number of posts : 205

Back to top Go down

Post  NoNameBrand Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:29 pm

See Flat wrote:Been racing with Kenners and mentioned the other day how disappointed I was we had not attracted more from the old gang on the fun we are having.

I miss you guys, but have found a great group on NeoGAF to race with in Forza 4. Not having to model & programme a car before I can drive it is nice (though, I would love to have that option for the few cars it's missing -- GT3 cars). Having to use the built-in My First Vector Art Application to do liveries instead of Photoshop is an irritation, but makes sense on a practical level.

O hai! - Page 2 Matech_GAF

Here's a couple of races (damage is typically off): Nurburgring GP 1-lap mess and Miatas at Leguna Seca.

NoNameBrand
Veteran
Veteran

Number of posts : 321
Interests : guitar, photography
Humor : ...is properly spelled 'humour'.
Favorite Track : Spa-Francorchamps

http://lonelyfridge.com

Back to top Go down

Post  amped™ Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:56 pm

lol, first turn at nurb reminds me of RL Razz

amped™
Veteran
Veteran

Number of posts : 142
Interests : Graphic duhziner, honkey, handsome, sweetheart
Humor : no, there i none of that
Favorite Car : honkeymobile™
Favorite Track : honkey hideout

Back to top Go down

Post  Pax-raider Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:56 pm

NoNameBrand wrote:I miss you guys, but have found a great group on NeoGAF to race with in Forza 4.
Do most people use a wheel? I tried Forza 3 on my sons xbox but I found the gamepad a nightmare to control. Thought about Forza 4 but not sure I want to invest in a wheel as well...
Pax-raider
Pax-raider
Veteran
Veteran

Number of posts : 281
Humor : Eddie Izzard, Python
Favorite Car : Ferrari 156 Sharknose
Registration date : 2008-10-31

Back to top Go down

Post  NoNameBrand Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:30 pm

Pax-raider wrote:Do most people use a wheel? I tried Forza 3 on my sons xbox but I found the gamepad a nightmare to control. Thought about Forza 4 but not sure I want to invest in a wheel as well...

Most people in that group are using pads, but some have wheels. In general, wheels for the XBox are few and expensive, because the XBox doesn't use HID like PS3/PC/Mac. The Fanatec wheels and pedals cost more than the Xbox itself!

The new-ish MS Speed Wheel is proving to be pretty popular; it reminds most people of the stupid Wii wheel but is much better, apparently. I am thinking of getting one and a wireless headset (the wired xbox headset doesn't work with it...).

The cars also feel much better in Forza 4 than 3, even with the pad.

NoNameBrand
Veteran
Veteran

Number of posts : 321
Interests : guitar, photography
Humor : ...is properly spelled 'humour'.
Favorite Track : Spa-Francorchamps

http://lonelyfridge.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum