LEGACYOFLIES.COM - FORUMS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thx FIAT, Lancia is finally Dead...

5 posters

Go down

Thx FIAT, Lancia is finally Dead... Empty Thx FIAT, Lancia is finally Dead...

Post  DonaemouS Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:19 am

After several years, the aim of FIAT is finally done, killing the prestigious, innovation and luxury Lancia brand. While Alfa Romeo is surviving, with the latest Marchionne choices, Lancia is finally dead. At least will not suffer anymore.

The "melt-down" with Chrysler completely killed the elegance, luxury and italian style of this brand, usually designed by Centro Stile FIAT. During the Ginevra 2011 they showed the new Chrysler with Lancia logo... With all respect for american brand, but those manufacturers has nothing to do...

Thx FIAT, Lancia is finally Dead... 3147_2299_Lancia_Flaviacabrio_5

Poor quality and design car with the offensive name of Flavia Cabrio:

Thx FIAT, Lancia is finally Dead... 474401

And what about the Thema? One of the largest success of Lancia under the FIAT manufacturer...

Thx FIAT, Lancia is finally Dead... 3148_6684_Lancia_thema_8

Thx FIAT, Lancia is finally Dead... 3148_2728_Lancia_thema_19

vulgar american's style fat interiors, poor quality components, no exterior design at all, and not completely happy:

Thx FIAT, Lancia is finally Dead... 3150_4827_Lancia_Y_17

WoooooOooOOW WTH is this?!?!?!

the brand new Lancia Ypsilon... Maybe they designed the car in a dark room with close eyes... Well, this car is rdy for India, Malaysia, South Afrika and Russian markets... Not certainly for european... Especially if we consider the previous model:

Thx FIAT, Lancia is finally Dead... Lancia-Ypsilon-2011-Collection-Front-Side-View

Well, at the end of the year, it will finish my Buy-Back Agreement with Lancia for my latest, italian_built Lancia Ypsilon. Naturally, I can't buy one of those rubbish things. Even the Lancia Delta is becoming dangerous. So I'm moving to the Alfa Romeo MiTo 1,3 JTDm or the VW Golf 1,6 TDI DPF. Both cars can run in 4,1 to 4,5/100km. Any suggest?
DonaemouS
DonaemouS

Number of posts : 742
Favorite Car : BMW M Coupe
Favorite Track : Nordschleife
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://www.games4mac.it

Back to top Go down

Thx FIAT, Lancia is finally Dead... Empty Re: Thx FIAT, Lancia is finally Dead...

Post  Valentin K Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:08 am

And the final nail for Lancia's coffin:

Thx FIAT, Lancia is finally Dead... Lancia-voyager-live-1_620

@Don... you know my suggestion. study
Valentin K
Valentin K
Veteran
Veteran

Number of posts : 219
Interests : Redline, scale modelling
Humor : What's humor? Can you eat that?
Favorite Car : TVR Speed 12, RE Amemiya RX-7, Cheetah GT
Favorite Track : Nürburgring Nordschleife
Registration date : 2008-08-29

Back to top Go down

Thx FIAT, Lancia is finally Dead... Empty Re: Thx FIAT, Lancia is finally Dead...

Post  Tomte Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:18 pm

Don't tell me you suggested a Skoda Fabia...

For a small car, I'd say Polo... True, not a design highlight, but at least you can get 4 people in it. The A1 isn't all that great looking, I don't like the proportions at all.

Is a C30 too expensive?
Tomte
Tomte
Veteran
Veteran

Number of posts : 559
Interests : my daughter... hardly any time for anything else
Humor : I'm German. Was ist Humor?
Favorite Car : I'm not the driver, I'm the mechanic.
Favorite Track : Spa-Francorchamps

Back to top Go down

Post  DonaemouS Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:26 am

the budget is up to 24000 euros. C30 is good looking, but the car truck is ridiculous, even smaller or worst entry of my Ypsilon. Yesterday I got 2 estimations.

The First one:

Alfa Romeo MiTo 1.3 JTDm-2 95bhp S&S Distinctive
Blue Tornado
Genuine Leather FRAU seats
Fog Lights
Steering wheel Radio controls
Euros: 18.800,00

The Second one:
VW Golf 1.6 TDI DPF 3 doors Highline
Shadow Blue Metallic
Corn Silk Beige VIENNA Leather seats
Euros: 24.600,00
DonaemouS
DonaemouS

Back to top Go down

Post  Valentin K Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:25 pm

Tomte wrote:Don't tell me you suggested a Skoda Fabia...

Not the first suggestion I made, just the 10th or so... pirat
Valentin K
Valentin K
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post  20FingerS Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:16 pm

No waY! Alfa mito! Without a doubt. But diesel...cough cough...

20FingerS
Addict
Addict

Number of posts : 44
Humor : Ups and downS
Favorite Car : difficult one...too may...Lotus Exige gt3?
Favorite Track : Mugello, Imola, Nurburgring, Monaco, Virginia, Mid-ohio, Rudskogen...shall I stop?
Registration date : 2010-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post  DonaemouS Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:46 am

20FingerS wrote:But diesel...cough cough...
Sure, I need a low consumption car. My actual Lancia Ypsilon is a 4,9l/100km. I was aiming to 3,9 blue efficiency BlueMotion Technology diesel engines, but those cars are without any kind of comfort customization. So I moved to the 4,1/4,5l, or something below my Ypsilon. I like the MiTo, but there is a problem with this car.

If we all want to save Alfa Romeo brand, we need to stop buy these cars... Indeed... Maybe FIAT will decide to sell the brand to VW, and we will see a reborn Alfa Romeo. Marchionne already insulted and killed Lancia history, giving to a relifted Chrysler Sebring, the Lancia Flavia name...

EDIT
DonaemouS
DonaemouS

Back to top Go down

Post  20FingerS Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:10 am

I saw those shameful cars.
They cut the coconuts of the brand...bastards, it was better to close definitively the all factory.
That is what is happening, this is (sorry American friends, but that's the truth) the new way of Colonialism, we must all be like U.S.A., have the same taste, drink Coca-cola and stop whining about our lost history and traditions...the only thing is, we were FuckinG good. And we still are, we just don't work anymore for the Italian factories: Bertone, Pininfarina, just to mention the biggest, are still working...not at Lancia, that's sure.
And I also like Barbera d'Asti, don't want to drink red wine from California, but they are selling it everywhere with ridiculous prices, and buying Barbera factories...then we blame the Chinese...but the emperors are still in U.S.A., and before the new emerging countries will take control, we gonna find McDonalds steaks on the shelves of Supermarkets. 20 years ago I would buy eggs from the farm beside my house, my father drove a Lancia Beta HPE 1600 3 porte which was always rusty, but hey, I was so proud of the look of it, and it was quick: almost 200km/h.

They don't conquer the markets just with violence, like in ex-Jugoslavia, Iraq, Afganistan. They are really good to convince us and themselves. what this...
And that's what bring us to the grave...we are not proud, we don't make products like this one to make us feel proud and stop complaining...cause the markets have ears and don't want to listen to sad CEO and old farts like we put forward in our companies.

We are again to be blamed, no strong enough, this is a competitive world, and if we don't push our way...well, what you show is just the result of the action of the strongest...

20FingerS
Addict
Addict

Favorite Track : Mugello, Imola, Nurburgring, Monaco, Virginia, Mid-ohio, Rudskogen...shall I stop?

Back to top Go down

Post  DonaemouS Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:29 pm

20FingerS wrote:I saw those shameful cars.
They cut the coconuts of the brand...bastards, it was better to close definitively the all factory.

And we still are, we just don't work anymore for the Italian factories: Bertone, Pininfarina, just to mention the biggest, are still working...not at Lancia, that's sure.
And you forgot Giugiaro, already working in germany for germans companies. Look at Bugatti, we were so good to kill this brand. VW bought it, and now they sell 1,3 millions euros cars... AND THEY SELL THEM!!!

Lamborghini now, is and Audi brand, they producing amazing cars, and extraordinary engines! (Audi RS 5,2l V10). VW showed its interest in Alfa Romeo. Pls God, save Alfa from FIAT. Sell this factory to VW, so they will produce not only good looking sport cars, but also SOLID and high quality cars...
DonaemouS
DonaemouS

Back to top Go down

Post  Valentin K Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:44 pm

DonaemouS wrote:
20FingerS wrote:I saw those shameful cars.

And we still are, we just don't work anymore for the Italian factories: Bertone, Pininfarina, just to mention the biggest, are still working...not at Lancia, that's sure.
And you forgot Giugiaro, already working in germany for germans companies. Look at Bugatti, we were so good to kill this brand. VW bought it, and now they sell 1,3 millions euros cars... AND THEY SELL THEM!!!

They still haven't recovered the costs the Veyron caused to develop - or why do you think do they release one special edition after the other? Wink VW just has the money to afford such a prestigious project... and apart from that, I agree with you on Lancia. You can't turn a Dacia into a BMW just by slapping on some BMW badges and a lowered suspension.
Valentin K
Valentin K
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post  20FingerS Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:43 pm

There is still 1 Lancia I would buy...
Eh...

20FingerS
Addict
Addict

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuktuk Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:56 pm

20FingerS wrote:There is still 1 Lancia I would buy...
Eh...

Looks like a sad black frog after someone stepped onto him. pig

But of course, this Chrysler with the Lancia emblem is a joke.

Tuktuk
Veteran
Veteran

Number of posts : 205

Back to top Go down

Post  Valentin K Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:16 am

Eh...

...but only because it wasn't made by Lancia.
Valentin K
Valentin K
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post  DonaemouS Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:25 am

yep, I agree:

Thx FIAT, Lancia is finally Dead... Lancia.fulvia.12

but something they never produced... what astonishing car is this?
DonaemouS
DonaemouS

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down