LEGACYOFLIES.COM - FORUMS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A new Group B rocket soon revving to its Redline not too far from you.

4 posters

Go down

A new Group B rocket soon revving to its Redline not too far from you. Empty A new Group B rocket soon revving to its Redline not too far from you.

Post  Valentin K Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:26 pm

Hi Everyone,

As some Facebook-Redliners might have seen already, I started to turn C14's excellent pre-facelift Manta GT/E model (a thousand thanks again!) into that of the legendary (well, sort of) Manta 400, a Group B competition car a couple of days ago, using Wings3D.
As I'm still a total beginner, it might take a while until it's release-ready though - I'm always open for suggestions or helping tips.
That said, many thanks to Superslow, NNB and Tomte for helping me when I got stuck a couple of times in the past few days.
I'm planning both a homologation and competition version of this aggressive looking Manta with 2.4 liter inline-4 with twin Weber carbs, putting out 144 (road) and 275 (Stage 3 Group B) hp.
A Rallycross version is quite pointless to me as the car would be hopelessy outperformed by the 4WD-monsters anyway.

For all who don't know it: http://groupbrally.com/opel.shtml

Here's what I've got so far. The mirrors, exhaust and modified bonnet are still missing.

The nose is for the homologation (road) model in case you're surprised by the differences there.
A new Group B rocket soon revving to its Redline not too far from you. Manta400
A new Group B rocket soon revving to its Redline not too far from you. Manta400b
A new Group B rocket soon revving to its Redline not too far from you. Manta400c
A new Group B rocket soon revving to its Redline not too far from you. Manta400d

I hope you like it.

Val
Valentin K
Valentin K
Veteran
Veteran

Number of posts : 219
Interests : Redline, scale modelling
Humor : What's humor? Can you eat that?
Favorite Car : TVR Speed 12, RE Amemiya RX-7, Cheetah GT
Favorite Track : Nürburgring Nordschleife
Registration date : 2008-08-29

Back to top Go down

A new Group B rocket soon revving to its Redline not too far from you. Empty Re: A new Group B rocket soon revving to its Redline not too far from you.

Post  A-rod Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:33 pm

Valentin K wrote:Hi Everyone,

As some Facebook-Redliners might have seen already, I started to turn C14's excellent pre-facelift Manta GT/E model (a thousand thanks again!) into that of the legendary (well, sort of) Manta 400, a Group B competition car a couple of days ago, using Wings3D.
As I'm still a total beginner, it might take a while until it's release-ready though - I'm always open for suggestions or helping tips.
That said, many thanks to Superslow, NNB and Tomte for helping me when I got stuck a couple of times in the past few days.
I'm planning both a homologation and competition version of this aggressive looking Manta with 2.4 liter inline-4 with twin Weber carbs, putting out 144 (road) and 275 (Stage 3 Group B) hp.
A Rallycross version is quite pointless to me as the car would be hopelessy outperformed by the 4WD-monsters anyway.

Here's what I've got so far. The mirrors, exhaust and modified bonnet are still missing.

I hope you like it.

Val

Hmmm...I think it my be hopelessly outgunned by the 4wd Group B cars anyway, but go for it. Wink Whether it can fit in its own class or not remains to be seen, but it should be a blast to drive. Nice!
A-rod
A-rod
Addict
Addict

Number of posts : 89
Favorite Car : Jaguar E-type, CJ-5
Favorite Track : Safari Rally, Black Forest, Laguna Seca
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

A new Group B rocket soon revving to its Redline not too far from you. Empty Re: A new Group B rocket soon revving to its Redline not too far from you.

Post  djpimley Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:44 am

Hell, I've made plenty of uncompetitive cars. Razz If you want to make, go for it!
djpimley
djpimley
Veteran
Veteran

Number of posts : 691
Registration date : 2008-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Valentin K Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:16 pm

Thank you!
Yep, a-rod, it will be outgunned by the 4WDs, and probably also by the Renault.
The Manta never was a particularly successful Group B car, so I don't really care if it's humiliated by thomm's cars.

Please excuse those air intakes Laughing

A new Group B rocket soon revving to its Redline not too far from you. Intake

Here's what it looks like right now.

A new Group B rocket soon revving to its Redline not too far from you. Mantaintakes

Val
Valentin K
Valentin K
Veteran
Veteran

Number of posts : 219
Interests : Redline, scale modelling
Humor : What's humor? Can you eat that?
Favorite Car : TVR Speed 12, RE Amemiya RX-7, Cheetah GT
Favorite Track : Nürburgring Nordschleife
Registration date : 2008-08-29

Back to top Go down

Post  DonaemouS Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:21 pm

u doing very well as your first model. But I remain in my opinion: don't like this car... Laughing
DonaemouS
DonaemouS

Number of posts : 742
Favorite Car : BMW M Coupe
Favorite Track : Nordschleife
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://www.games4mac.it

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum