LEGACYOFLIES.COM - FORUMS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

History Of Redline

3 posters

Go down

History Of Redline Empty History Of Redline

Post  JoeBagoDoNuts Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:31 am

Hello Folks,

I was going through all my old Hard drives the other day, searching for ".redlog" files when I noticed that the earliest one I could find was Sept. 2006! Gawd! And I still sux at sim!

Anyway, I was just wondering to myself... Who was the original designer of Redline? Did Ambrosia build RL form scratch or did they buy it?

And, if I may ask... Why does Leo's work, Legacyoflies.com ROCK way better than ambrosia's redline website?

I'd love a little history background. For me... I seem to remember Ambrosia announcing RL in Oct of 2006, and me getting it about 1 month later, if my memory serves me.

Happy 2010, Folks

JoeBagoDoNuts cheers

JoeBagoDoNuts
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2010-01-03

Back to top Go down

History Of Redline Empty Re: History Of Redline

Post  alphonse Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:50 pm

JoeBagoDoNuts wrote:I was going through all my old Hard drives the other day, searching for ".redlog" files when I noticed that the earliest one I could find was Sept. 2006! Gawd! And I still sux at sim!

Anyway, I was just wondering to myself... Who was the original designer of Redline? Did Ambrosia build RL form scratch or did they buy it?

And, if I may ask... Why does Leo's work, Legacyoflies.com ROCK way better than ambrosia's redline website?

I dont know why this remains unanswered, don't really qualify for a precise answer - but maybe ill be corrected by giving you an answer joe...

I joined the Redline Community in spring 2007 - did not know anything about the game before.
It was developed by Jonas Echterhoff for Ambrosiasw.

Leoantix is not working for ambrosiasw as far as i know - but he and some other enhusiasts decided to have the plug-ins and ressources for redline organized - and leo set up many services on legacyoflies.com.
As the services cost money, time and power of anyone - its just great to have leo making it possible.

There is a "Donate"-Button on legacyoflies.com. If you feel like the 25 bugs for redline were payed long ago - use it to support leo's work.

hope nothing is really wrong in my wording...

alf
alphonse
alphonse

Number of posts : 449
Interests : Hobbies:tennis in summer, curling in winter, and fooling around all the time...
Humor : from black to white (no racism in here)
Favorite Car : Porsche 968, Mini, some C2's, of course the Alfa TCC Wink
Favorite Track : Monaco GP, Imola, Spa
Registration date : 2008-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post  JoeBagoDoNuts Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:09 am

alphonse wrote:
JoeBagoDoNuts wrote:I was going through all my old Hard drives the other day, searching for ".redlog" files when I noticed that the earliest one I could find was Sept. 2006! Gawd! And I still sux at sim!

I dont know why this remains unanswered, don't really qualify for a precise answer - but maybe ill be corrected by giving you an answer joe...

I joined the Redline Community in spring 2007 - did not know anything about the game before.
It was developed by Jonas Echterhoff for Ambrosiasw.

Leoantix is not working for ambrosiasw as far as i know - but he and some other enhusiasts decided to have the plug-ins and ressources for redline organized - and leo set up many services on legacyoflies.com.
As the services cost money, time and power of anyone - its just great to have leo making it possible.

There is a "Donate"-Button on legacyoflies.com. If you feel like the 25 bugs for redline were payed long ago - use it to support leo's work.

hope nothing is really wrong in my wording...

alf

Hi Alf

Thank you for taking the time to respond!

I didn't mean to ask so many questions in my post, sorry!

Well, you just reflected exactly what I'd hoped for. And that being, that this game, being published by one of my favorite publisher of macintosh software and then... having been supported by mac enthusiasts such as Leocantix and all the fine folks that worked on cars and tracks, whom decided among them selves to make a contribution, have turned this into what I had always hoped for in a mac game. EV Nova anyone?

Sorry for that long run on sentence.

Yes, that Donate button has been there for quite some time, my only issue with that is that I'm such a dweeb that I only prefer to be able to donate from a vendor that I know I can trust, and, well, Paypal... humph. I've been around for awhile, and watched how the "Internet" formed since it's infancy, lots of trial and error. Like I said, I'm a dweeb, so. please, don't flame me but, would you believe I've only used it once within the last 10 or so years. I'd be happy to contribute, I just don't want to use paypal.

Sorry for the rant. I just clicked on the donate button. I see that I can donate via _any_ credit card. I'll give it shot. Cool

BTW, the reason I sux at sim... I'm stuck in the Auto transmission world, I simply cannot use manual on my laptop keyboard, nor can I get used to a full sized keyboard. Ugggh. 8(

Be well folks,

JoeBago

JoeBagoDoNuts
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2010-01-03

Back to top Go down

Post  leoantix Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:09 am

i appreciate the kind words and support ... i do owe a lot of credit to fellow developers and designers dealing with my ass and legacy and lets not forget the rest of the crazy lot Wink

note: thread cut
leoantix
leoantix
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 657
Interests : construction, racing, women, quake
Humor : is purely optional
Favorite Car : sauber c9, radical sr4 & sr8
Favorite Track : lime rock, pembrey, monza
Registration date : 2008-08-27

http://www.legacyoflies.com/?p=home