LEGACYOFLIES.COM - FORUMS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Redline Plugin Automatic Updater

5 posters

Go down

Redline Plugin Automatic Updater Empty Redline Plugin Automatic Updater

Post  leoantix Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:53 pm

its been a few months since the last update and i was wondering a few things. will the next release be a final? will it include the mac os 10.3.xx users? and last one nnb mentioned tonight in MP about it deleting undeclared plugs in one's redplugs folder. in other words, any way to keep the developers from having to move their work out of the folder so they don't get deleted when running the rlpau? i was thinking perhaps a declared/protected name for a folder that the rlpau will avoid Idea
leoantix
leoantix
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 657
Interests : construction, racing, women, quake
Humor : is purely optional
Favorite Car : sauber c9, radical sr4 & sr8
Favorite Track : lime rock, pembrey, monza
Registration date : 2008-08-27

http://www.legacyoflies.com/?p=home

Back to top Go down

Redline Plugin Automatic Updater Empty Re: Redline Plugin Automatic Updater

Post  alphonse Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:49 am

leoantix wrote:and last one nnb mentioned tonight in MP about it deleting undeclared plugs in one's redplugs folder. in other words, any way to keep the developers from having to move their work out of the folder so they don't get deleted when running the rlpau?

Uh eh...
I have more than one track in the redline-folder the LoL-Server does not know. It was never deleted... I download all plugs from the server, btw.

i dont get the problem - maybe depends on the settings...

alphonse
alphonse
alphonse

Number of posts : 449
Interests : Hobbies:tennis in summer, curling in winter, and fooling around all the time...
Humor : from black to white (no racism in here)
Favorite Car : Porsche 968, Mini, some C2's, of course the Alfa TCC Wink
Favorite Track : Monaco GP, Imola, Spa
Registration date : 2008-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Speeddemon Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:28 am

Same for me, mostly or all old versions of something, says it is not known to the Legacy server, and that I should delete myself.
Speeddemon
Speeddemon
Veteran
Veteran

Number of posts : 121
Interests : Redline, umm, let's see now, there's got to be another interest I have...
Favorite Car : Lola T300
Favorite Track : Safari Rally
Registration date : 2008-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post  leoantix Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:27 pm

hmmm, perhaps i miss understood nnb in MP ... maybe he can chime in here and expand on the issue
leoantix
leoantix
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  djpimley Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:43 pm

Well, after one DFM too many I finally gave RLPAU a try...

RLPAU began merrily to delete all my plugins one by one and re-download them from Legacy. I stopped the process after 5 minutes, not wishing to unnecessarily waste several hours of my time and over a GB of my bandwidth. Whilst racing later on I realised I was missing several plugins that were previously installed. I'm not sure what happened but it does not inspire confidence.

I have utmost respect for theSnail for his wonderful rally track generator - but RLPAU... no thanks.
djpimley
djpimley
Veteran
Veteran

Number of posts : 691

Back to top Go down

Post  theSnail .@y Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:12 pm

djpimley wrote:Well, after one DFM too many I finally gave RLPAU a try...

RLPAU began merrily to delete all my plugins one by one and re-download them from Legacy. I stopped the process after 5 minutes, not wishing to unnecessarily waste several hours of my time and over a GB of my bandwidth. Whilst racing later on I realised I was missing several plugins that were previously installed. I'm not sure what happened but it does not inspire confidence.

I have utmost respect for theSnail for his wonderful rally track generator - but RLPAU... no thanks.

Yes sure, the problem is that RLPAU can not know what's in a .zip before loading and opening it, and developers seldom name the zip strictly according to its contents (and anyway several zips contain more than 1 plugin, and some plugins contain more than 1 car / track).
I had to do with what I had ...
The 1st time it tends to load and install plugins you already have because they're not found in the databank built inside.
This databank is updated each time you run RLPAU, so it works well after the 1st time and wastes no time nor bandwidth.
With a large bandwidth, the 1st run is a matter of 1 hour or less ... and afterwards, you're just 1 click from being up to date.

Sorry about this, and RLPAU is not perfect anyway Neutral
theSnail .@y
theSnail .@y
Veteran
Veteran

Number of posts : 131
Favorite Car : Many
Favorite Track : A lot

Back to top Go down

Post  theSnail .@y Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:17 pm

leoantix wrote:its been a few months since the last update and i was wondering a few things. will the next release be a final? will it include the mac os 10.3.xx users? and last one nnb mentioned tonight in MP about it deleting undeclared plugs in one's redplugs folder. in other words, any way to keep the developers from having to move their work out of the folder so they don't get deleted when running the rlpau? i was thinking perhaps a declared/protected name for a folder that the rlpau will avoid Idea
In fact I run a 0.17 version here, which does not need Terminal. Good you may say, but with 10.5 it does not display informations while it runs ... RLPAU disappears and reappears when everything is finished. Not really good pale I'll have to re-write a part of RLPAU ...
10.3 ? I tried but did not succeed.
About developers work - that's strange because RLPAU is supposed to list the plugins it does not know (as Alphonse noticed) ... including those in development of course.
I'd like to know more about this ...
theSnail .@y
theSnail .@y
Veteran
Veteran

Number of posts : 131
Favorite Car : Many
Favorite Track : A lot

Back to top Go down

Post  Speeddemon Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:17 pm

djpimley wrote:Well, after one DFM too many I finally gave RLPAU a try...

It did do this to me, but I stuck with it and it works fine after that, and it didn't take more than maybe 1/2 an hour to do this. RLPAU works great for me. I did see the list of the unknowns. When is 0.17 coming out?

SD
Speeddemon
Speeddemon
Veteran
Veteran

Number of posts : 121
Interests : Redline, umm, let's see now, there's got to be another interest I have...
Favorite Car : Lola T300
Favorite Track : Safari Rally
Registration date : 2008-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post  leoantix Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:07 pm

theSnail .@y wrote:I'd like to know more about this ...
strange indeed for it does work fine here as well ... perhaps nnb nor dj haven't given it that first run through Question

edit: still waiting for a reply
leoantix
leoantix
Administrator
Administrator