LEGACYOFLIES.COM - FORUMS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RL GT3 Championship

+13
slowDan
leoantix
pEsT
T5
NoNameBrand
Tomte
DonaemouS
Toad
Brook
Valentin K
See Flat
slow
alphonse
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

RL GT3 Championship Empty RL GT3 Championship

Post  alphonse Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:38 pm

Hi out there,

TTT is currently in a break - and the future is to be planned (as there will hopefully be a life after TTT spring 09).

Toad and myself had many fantastic races and great moments with this community, so we set up the first Redline-Transcontinental-US-Switzerlandish-Championship organization of the world.
(I didn't ever realize how far away from switzerland california is in reality (looks like a small world on goolge maps if you zoom out) - but the ping was quite high most of the time so i should have made my thoughts earlier - slowbrainer-i-am Wink ).

You find below our thoughts about what happens after TTT.
We asked SeeFlat about the Schedule for RLTC - and are going first with the GT3 championship after some exchange of timeframes and feasability-thinking. If there is any other event planned please let us know as we can postpone this even to later if there is anything else coming up.

The idea of posting it here is
- to check whether there are any facts we forgot and you find Wink
- that we need input on "2) Day/Time" and also on "11) Dates / number of races".

All other ideas / thoughts are welcome too -

Here our thoughts:

Principles
a) Keep it simple
b) build on what we already have
c) rely on known racers*
d) have long races instead of sprints
* new racers are welcome if they proof they understult the rules and can behave in some Multiyplayer-sessions before. No noobs we don't know will be invited to participate.

1) Ranking
We use the same ranking as SF's RLTC did (Points per race-standing and total-time-standing combined) - with an extension of not counting ONE race, so any may not show up once and it does no harm.
Reasons:
- it exists
- SF's RLRC has experienced no more problems with it
- so people get used to it
- missing one race is allowed due to real-life-facts we can not deny.

2) Find day/time so people can show up
Races will be held on a specific day/time combo, starting last week of march/first week of april, lasting for 10 weeks.
We propose
- sundays after 20 UTC
- friday nite (here), so say 22 UTC
- saturday night, 20-22 UTC time
Here input of racers is welcome

3) Website
Will be up and running when discussions are over.

4) Allowed participants
Participation in RLGT3C is invitational.
Specific codes of conduct (call it rules if you like) will be available on the website. The target we try to achieve is clean racing rather than Kamikaze-overtakings.
New players can show their ability of clean racing in regular MP-races (only before the Tournament starts to avoid catch 22, hehe).

5) Frequency of races
1 a week for 10 weeks

6) lenght of races
target-finishing time is 40 mins ( we are aware of Redline not being able to show replays longer than 30 minutes - if you feel like this is a major problem - please post below).

7) Racers per race
We hope for races in 12. This never happened before in Redline Race series (afawk) but is the most fun-promising setup we can think of.
We will see who is in and whether its feasible and decide on this later on.

8 ) Group of organizers
Toad and Alphonse - we keep it simple and transcontinental.

9) Cars
True GT3 cars only, that is at the moment:
- Corvette C6 Z06R (is it that one?)
- Mustang FR500 GT3
- Porsche 997 GT3 Cup S
- Porsche 968 GT3
- Lamborghini Gallardo GT3
maybe other GT3 cars that might arise until we start the tournament.
The car you pick for the first race will be the car you have for the rest of the races.

10) Tracks for the races are
- Monaco
- Bardagi
- Spa
- Mountainside
- Imola
- Brands
- Black Forest
- Thruxton
- RockyPass
- Watkins Glen

11) Dates / number of races (TTT ends march 14)
March 28
April 4
April 11 (we know its easter - will this work for you?)
April 16
April 25
May 2
May 9
May 16
May 23
May 30
June 6 (only if we drop easter-date)

We are looking for some enormous fun and hope you like the idea too.
All words and comments are welcome...

Toad and Alphonse
alphonse
alphonse

Number of posts : 449
Interests : Hobbies:tennis in summer, curling in winter, and fooling around all the time...
Humor : from black to white (no racism in here)
Favorite Car : Porsche 968, Mini, some C2's, of course the Alfa TCC Wink
Favorite Track : Monaco GP, Imola, Spa
Registration date : 2008-08-28

Back to top Go down

RL GT3 Championship Empty Re: RL GT3 Championship

Post  slow Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:56 pm

nice. thanks for setting this up Toad and Alphonse.

dates and times are all ok here, although i never know where im headed next. i imagine the weekends will be best for most though.

will there be a time trial like the rltcc?

if there is anything that a man of my limited computer abilities can do to help let me know.

thanks again. slow

slow
Veteran
Veteran

Number of posts : 145
Interests : yes
Humor : amped
Favorite Car : porsche 911 3.2 / vaux
Favorite Track : mountainside/silver

Back to top Go down

Post  See Flat Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:38 pm

wow....
See Flat
See Flat
Veteran
Veteran

Number of posts : 303
Interests : Music / Redline
Favorite Car : Volvo S60R STCC
Favorite Track : Monaco
Registration date : 2008-08-29

http://legacyoflies.com/tcc/index.html

Back to top Go down

Post  Valentin K Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:08 pm

Oh yeah! That's going to be MP racing on another level. Very Happy

Since I'll be back from the school trip quite a while before Round 1, this would fit right into my time calendar if I make it in !

Thanks a lot for setting this up, Toad and Alphonse
Valentin K
Valentin K
Veteran
Veteran

Number of posts : 219
Interests : Redline, scale modelling
Humor : What's humor? Can you eat that?
Favorite Car : TVR Speed 12, RE Amemiya RX-7, Cheetah GT
Favorite Track : Nürburgring Nordschleife

Back to top Go down

Post  Brook Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:41 pm

This sounds great guys. Thank you for your efforts! Cool

alphonse wrote:2) Find day/time so people can show up
Races will be held on a specific day/time combo, starting last week of march/first week of april, lasting for 10 weeks.
We propose
- sundays after 20 UTC
So the idea is to choose a fixed day and time when everyone will race?
- If so, then you'll have to distribute all participants on that time over multiple hosts according to their classification (a la SF).
You might run into a logistical nightmare considering that the hosts themselves are part of the ranking, unless you set an entry limit...
- If not so, and you let people race in their preferred time slot, they will always race the same people.

Or am I thinking too complicated and you already have a simple approach?

EDIT: At first glance, I didn't take much notice of the track choice. Now this is, of course, your choice. But I do miss Silverstone and Monza, which both seem extremely suited for GT3. Bardagi and Mountain, on the other hand, seem a bit out of place, but that might be your intention...
Brook
Brook
Addict
Addict

Number of posts : 41

Back to top Go down

Post  Toad Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:28 pm

We really do want to hear what you think about our GT3 series.

We also need your input on any aspect of the organization that will make the series more fun and competitive.

Please tell us if you are considering entering.

It will help us arrange for hosts needed to run twelve car fields. Once we have a feel for interest we can go about
devising group structure to begin the series.

Slow spoke up already and has asked about the possibility of a time trial to that end.

We do have some options, for instance:

● We could have a time trial like See's TCC series.
● We could also set up a Hall of Fame Strict Time Trial on a select track within a short period.
● Or (Simplest) Alphonse and I choose based history and MP experience where to place everyone on grid.
● what's your idea?

As for track choice we are not locked into any set just yet. Mountain reverse has had many races in MP and is real challenge with these powerfull cars. Bardagi, is very drifty with these cars but the barrels could have more influence on outcome than we would like.

Silverstone has two problems in my opinion, it has bad fps issues for many, and it has been in every race series we have had. Time to give this one a rest. Monza is a great track and if everyone wants it, fine, now what do we drop? Also it favors the Corvette because of it's top speed and hurts the pokey Porsche 968.

There will be more things to look at before we set things in motion but for now, please let us know what you think.

Cheers

Toad
Toad
Toad
Veteran
Veteran

Number of posts : 184
Interests : Nortons
Humor : What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof.
Favorite Track : Mugello

Back to top Go down

Post  See Flat Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:30 am

Alphonse and Toad.....

Been thinking about this since I first read your original posting to get the brewing going on this event.

My first wow = Why so big?

I really think 10 races is way two much. The reason I had set up my tourney to be only on 4 tracks was because of the commitment factor. If you get 20 or 30 people to join... it will be impossible to get so many to make all 10 races spread out over such a long period of time. Also, to propose a tourney that players had to choose a car and stick to it. (for me part of the whole fun) If you get guys that turn out to really hate their cars.. they'll drop in mid tournament. Also, the time investment to really try all Gt3 cars, on all 10 tracks to see which one suits them best. Don might but he's a perfectionist minority.

I don't know how you were planning hosting, or how many players might want to join. I had set a maximum of 24 when I planned my thing because I thought it would be possible to find at least three hosts in group 1, 2 and 3 that could host 8. And frankly, 24 committed players for four races was a very long shot to say the least. I'll repeat myself, I think it might be nearly impossible to get 24 players or even 20 to be able make 10 weeks.

This year, I was planning to cut down to only 20 invitations so we could have 2 groups of 10 (lots of cars is fun) and I was going to have 4 races in four consecutive weeks. I was palnning to do: Watkins, Spa, Imola and Brands (for tradition) The first three being new tracks for an RLTCC tourney.

As for time frame, I was hoping for May, but I have mentioned in private to Alphonse that my schedule has been crazy and I didn't even know if I could pull it off. I was still hoping to try though. If you guys work out all the kinks and can manage to pull it off, there is no way i'll put on an RLTCC in the summer. So I'll push it off till fall I guess. (which is fine) I could probably not get much interest following your line up. You have all the tracks I wanted to use and holding an event with the same length races using slower cars would generate little interest. (Been there, done that... but better syndrome).

Scoring: I think my model worked out pretty well. No complaints from players and the stats seem to indicate placement equaled talent pretty accurately.
I was hoping Alphonse's big programming brain would hatch something better that I could steal! Wink

I do wish you guys the best of outcomes for your tournament. Lots of smart people you can bounce ideas off of but follow your vision of what you think it should be. Run a tight ship. Live by your convictions. It should be a blast whatever decisions you make

Build it... they will come.

Cheers
See Flat
See Flat
See Flat
Veteran
Veteran

Number of posts : 303
Interests : Music / Redline
Favorite Car : Volvo S60R STCC
Favorite Track : Monaco

http://legacyoflies.com/tcc/index.html

Back to top Go down

Post  DonaemouS Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:13 am

See Flat wrote:Also, the time investment to really try all Gt3 cars, on all 10 tracks to see which one suits them best. Don might but he's a perfectionist minority.
Is a way as another to ask me something? Very Happy

Well, I agree with SF about the ten races. is more then 2 months and could be hardly played by me too. What I complained about the SF fun RLTCC tournament was the 4 races. I hoped more, but this will let you to be focused on perfect races. I think 5 races for all the tournament is the best for our chance.

Also, reducing the tournament time, you will allow for new tournaments in the future.

About 12 players racing and 40 minutes race. With 12 players, most of us, will not just fight against 11 players, but also against fps and lag issues. Considering the formula: skills=fps+ping. This option will be compromising for some good talented players.

40 minutes races without stops. I used to play clanwars of 40 minutes (2 matches of 20 minutes each). 40 minutes is stressfull, involving, deep. But, is it just me?
DonaemouS
DonaemouS

Number of posts : 742
Favorite Car : BMW M Coupe
Favorite Track : Nordschleife

http://www.games4mac.it

Back to top Go down

Post  Tomte Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:36 am

I think I can live with 40 minutes, if it isn't 40 minutes of Bardagi. I love that track, but I guess we will do some 45 laps there.
I must also say that the 10 races put me off. As Don said, that's nearly three months. It might block other events from happening. 4 to 6 races might be much better, also because I have no idea where I will be in May or June.

Apart from that, I love the idea. I wouldn't necessarily leave out some high speed tracks because of the 968. I knew from the beginning it would be difficult on these tracks with the little 4 pot.
Then again, 4 laps of the Ring might also fit the bill. But I would probably need to invest in a new Mac before that. Smile
Tomte
Tomte
Veteran
Veteran

Number of posts : 559
Interests : my daughter... hardly any time for anything else
Humor : I'm German. Was ist Humor?
Favorite Car : I'm not the driver, I'm the mechanic.
Favorite Track : Spa-Francorchamps

Back to top Go down

Post  NoNameBrand Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:16 am

Sounds great! The Z06.R is indeed the GT3 Corvette.

I think 6 races is better than 10.

NoNameBrand
Veteran
Veteran

Number of posts : 321
Interests : guitar, photography
Humor : ...is properly spelled 'humour'.

http://lonelyfridge.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Valentin K Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:20 pm

NoNameBrand wrote:Sounds great! The Z06.R is indeed the GT3 Corvette.

I think 6 races is better than 10.

I'll second that. 10 such long races are indeed a tad too much I beleive...
6 (or 7, depends on how much of an endurance junkie you are Smile) sounds like a nice compromise.
By the way, how about additional seperate qualifying sessions for each Round? (shoot outs)

Now if you do 6 or less or the full lot of 10 races as initally planned is your decision of course Wink But I sure am up for a GT3 tournament !

Valentin
Valentin K
Valentin K
Veteran
Veteran

Number of posts : 219
Interests : Redline, scale modelling
Humor : What's humor? Can you eat that?
Favorite Car : TVR Speed 12, RE Amemiya RX-7, Cheetah GT
Favorite Track : Nürburgring Nordschleife

Back to top Go down

Post  Brook Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:27 pm

Although I'm not sure if I can hold out for 40 minutes, you can consider me a considerer. bounce
I would also prefer 6 races over 10.
The rest of your setup looks fine by me.
Brook
Brook
Addict
Addict

Number of posts : 41

Back to top Go down

Post  T5 Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:38 pm

alphonse wrote:2) Find day/time so people can show up
We propose
- sundays after 20 UTC

so, date and times will be fixed? do i have to be there on sunday night or can i, if i 've to work on sunday-/friday evening also go for a saturday night race? if so i have to pass to this tournament :'(
T5
T5
Addict
Addict

Number of posts : 90
Interests : infographc designer
Humor : yes
Favorite Car : bmw m3 coupe
Favorite Track : LimeRock, thruxton
Registration date : 2008-09-14

http://web.mac.com/jonming/Infographicmania/About_infographicman

Back to top Go down

Post  pEsT Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:52 pm

great idea. i would race everything with all of you. jocolor

my only problem here is: i'm on vacation from April 18 to May 9 - can we have "missing two races is allowed..."
maybe then those who think 10 races are too much can be happy with "only" 8 races Smile

pEsT
Addict
Addict

Number of posts : 36
Humor : WHAT?
Favorite Car : buildin: VTT - plugin: Radical
Favorite Track : buildin: HSL - plugin: Silverstone

Back to top Go down

Post  leoantix Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:09 pm

kudos on the upcoming event ... my only request is sundays

note: will you guys be making a banner so i can add it to legacy's home and leagues pages?
leoantix
leoantix
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 657
Interests : construction, racing, women, quake
Humor : is purely optional
Favorite Car : sauber c9, radical sr4 & sr8
Favorite Track : lime rock, pembrey, monza
Registration date : 2008-08-27

http://www.legacyoflies.com/?p=home

Back to top Go down

Post  slowDan Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:46 pm

Count me in here too.

I'm in the less than 10 races camp. 40mins race time is definitely do-able and enough to make you drive differently than a normal sprint race. Sounds fun.
slowDan
slowDan
Addict
Addict

Number of posts : 92
Interests : Design/Racing!
Favorite Car : Porsche 968 RS Turbo
Favorite Track : Spa Francorchamps

http://slowdan.co.nr

Back to top Go down

Post  djpimley Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:34 pm

Sounds fun. I'd certainly like a chance to throw that pony around in competition.
djpimley
djpimley
Veteran
Veteran

Number of posts : 691

Back to top Go down

Post  RIC Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:48 pm

Thanks for the work Toad & Alphonse.
I'd like to try this.

RIC
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2008-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post  alphonse Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:08 pm

Time to say thank you for all the words and feedback you wrote.

We have taken all into consideration and are working on finalization.
more on this matter as soon as we are ready to roll...

Toad and Alphonse
alphonse
alphonse

Interests : Hobbies:tennis in summer, curling in winter, and fooling around all the time...

Back to top Go down

Post  Superslow Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:22 pm

Hi guys, I'm interested, but I can't really commit to all ten races. I'd suggest five or six races - maybe squeezed into two weeks? Three races on the first weekend and the rest on the following weekend. Then it wouldn't be as hard for people to get to the races. With your current time schedule I will miss at least one race, maybe two. Of course, all this is up to you organizers. Wink

::EDIT:: I hope I'm not too late in suggesting this.... Embarassed
Superslow
Superslow
Veteran
Veteran

Number of posts : 128
Interests : Redline, guitar, ATVing, wakeboarding, racquetball, photography, martial arts
Humor : **insert your favorite joke here**
Favorite Car : too many...
Registration date : 2008-08-30

http://foreverjoe.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Toad Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:02 pm

Not at all late, we are twiddling the knobs as you write. Please stay tuned, new to arrive very soon!

Superslow wrote:Hi guys, I'm interested, but I can't really commit to all ten races. I'd suggest five or six races - maybe squeezed into two weeks? Three races on the first weekend and the rest on the following weekend. Then it wouldn't be as hard for people to get to the races. With your current time schedule I will miss at least one race, maybe two. Of course, all this is up to you organizers. Wink

::EDIT:: I hope I'm not too late in suggesting this.... Embarassed
Toad
Toad
Veteran
Veteran

Number of posts : 184
Interests : Nortons
Humor : What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof.
Favorite Track : Mugello

Back to top Go down

RL GT3 Championship Empty We are online

Post  alphonse Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:19 pm

The topic moved to ambrosiasw-forums: here.
The Website is up here.

alf
alphonse
alphonse

Back to top Go down

Post  DonaemouS Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:41 am

i signed myself, so beware!!! Twisted Evil

In first, my wishes for the website design. Is just incredibly good looking. I'm used to read the rules of tournaments and ladders. I read:

If you cause a crash, you wait for the one you crashed to overtake you NEXT TO THE TRACK in order not to disturb the traffic und DO NOT OVERTAKE until after the next curve

I think this rule need the more attention from all the subscribers and from the supervisors. We are all gentlemen here, mature and skilled players.

Now, there are a tons of situations, in which a player can be the cause of part in crash. With the stressful of the tournament, with the agitated moments of the crash, the players involved must be so rational to understand if they was part of the crash, or was who make the crash? Understand if it was a lag or a intentionally crash?

I think in a tournament crash, the supervisors should be the one to decide how the crash was created and choose the penalty. Do you agree?
DonaemouS
DonaemouS

Number of posts : 742
Favorite Car : BMW M Coupe
Favorite Track : Nordschleife

http://www.games4mac.it

Back to top Go down

Post  Tomte Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:48 am

DonaemouS wrote:
I think in a tournament crash, the supervisors should be the one to decide how the crash was created and choose the penalty. Do you agree?
I guess this is only necessary if the participants of the crash argue about it.
Generally, I like this rule (waiting beside the track, if possible).
I guess I can be found there once or twice...
Tomte
Tomte
Veteran
Veteran

Number of posts : 559
Interests : my daughter... hardly any time for anything else
Humor : I'm German. Was ist Humor?
Favorite Car : I'm not the driver, I'm the mechanic.

Back to top Go down

Post  alphonse Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:57 am

First of all - nice to have such a bunch of skilled players in the tournament already.

Interesting question - i would be happy to answer you.

But i feel like it will be a mess if we discuss here AND on ambrosiasw.
This question is of public concern for all racers.

Do you mind if i quote the question of DonaemouS and the answer of Tomte on the ambrosiasw forum?
Is there any chance to close this topic on this forum so we discuss all ideas / concerns on one board... leo Wink ?

ty for a short reply if you feel like ok (via pm or gt3@g-point.com)...

alf
alphonse
alphonse

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum