LEGACYOFLIES.COM - FORUMS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

F1 finale

+2
aegidian
Pax-raider
6 posters

Go down

F1 finale Empty F1 finale

Post  Pax-raider Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:09 pm

Did any of you watch the Brazilian GP yesterday? Holy guacamole, what an incredible finish. I watched the whole race, actually pretty boring and uneventful until the last 15 minutes. To win the championship on the last turn... unbelievable. Me and my elder son were screaming at the TV. Priceless. Sorry to any Brazilians who may be reading this. Twisted Evil
Pax-raider
Pax-raider
Veteran
Veteran

Number of posts : 281
Humor : Eddie Izzard, Python
Favorite Car : Ferrari 156 Sharknose
Favorite Track : Monaco
Registration date : 2008-10-31

Back to top Go down

F1 finale Empty Re: F1 finale

Post  aegidian Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:38 pm

Great ghu! yes, I don't think I breathed during those last three laps.
aegidian
aegidian

Number of posts : 112
Interests : Skiing, Motor racing, Karate
Favorite Car : BRM P57
Favorite Track : Black Forest
Registration date : 2008-10-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Tomte Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:05 pm

I had hopes for Ferrari throughout the race, knowing that Hamilton already lost it last year. Still, I wanted Massa to win. When Vettel overtook Hamilton during the last laps, I was overjoyed.
In the beginning I didn't realize that Hamilton passed Timo Glock, I only had eyes for the little Brazilian. But something was wrong, both teams thought they won...

So, two young German pilots influcenced the outcome of this: Vettel made Hamilton lose the championchip but Glock made sure Hamilton won it. I wonder who received the bigger cheque Wink

But I must say that I have great hopes for Sebastian Vettel. He was attacking Massa in his Torro Rosso, the junior team of Red Bull Racing. BMW? Somewhere behind, his team mate, dunno where he ended up. And it wasn't that his car was especially light or that he battled only for 5 laps with the leaders...

On another note: the French commentators here are awful. They talk way too much, shouting all the time, making sexist comments, talking above the team radio... I miss the UK for that!
Tomte
Tomte
Veteran
Veteran

Number of posts : 559
Interests : my daughter... hardly any time for anything else
Humor : I'm German. Was ist Humor?
Favorite Car : I'm not the driver, I'm the mechanic.
Favorite Track : Spa-Francorchamps
Registration date : 2008-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post  See Flat Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:20 pm

This is one excited german commentator!

See Flat
See Flat
Veteran
Veteran

Number of posts : 303
Interests : Music / Redline
Favorite Car : Volvo S60R STCC
Registration date : 2008-08-29

http://legacyoflies.com/tcc/index.html

Back to top Go down

Post  Pax-raider Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:38 pm

That was great to watch again, I could barely catch any of the German, except at the end "Hamilton die Weldmeister"!

I read on the BBC website that McLaren was aware that Glock was going very slowly and told Hamilton not to do anything crazy to pass Vettel, because they were predicting Hamilton would just catch him on the last lap. I would love to know what Hamilton's heart rate was half way thru the last lap...

People are blaming Glock, but the fact is the only reason he was ahead of Hamilton is because he tried to avoid the pit stop and in doing so jumped ahead him. If he had pitted for intermediates like all the other top drivers there would have been no excitement at all. Glock just took a gamble to get a much higher finish and almost won the championship for Massa, not the other way round. If Glock had stayed 5th Massa should have sent him half his winnings for the F1 title...
Pax-raider
Pax-raider
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuktuk Fri Nov 07, 2008 5:29 pm

That was a perfect showdown. The rain, the dark sky, the red blinking back lights, the heavy traffic with the leaders in between.

The award ceremony was in a perfect mood too. Nearly black sky, heavy winds from ahead, heavy rain mixed with Massa's tears on his face. Two unhappy Ferrari drivers. Kimi lost his title, Massa as well. Massa was drumming his fist onto his breast like trying to stop a ventricular fibrillation.

Normally I delete my F1-recordings, but this last 20 Minutes I will keep.

Tuktuk
Veteran
Veteran

Number of posts : 205
Registration date : 2008-08-29

Back to top Go down

Post  philly massa Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:58 pm

I was there. Yes I was there. Massa never was an unanimity between brazilians. Neutral

Myself included.

But in the last 5 minutes we all become Massa's fan. Why? Let me tell you:

We all start screamin "RAIN, RAIN, RAIN" all over the Interlagos 10 laps to finale. And out of the blue the rain shows up! We could not believed that!

We have Emerson Fittipaldi, Nelson Piquet and Ayrton Senna. And because of that last 3 minutes, we have Massa now. Adopted

Ferrari team did a lot of mess during the championship. Massa lost, at least, 14 points because of that.

Hamilton is a great driver, sure.

That's history. Great finale to the most thrilling F1 tournaments of all time! Wink
philly massa
philly massa
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 12
Location : São Paulo , Brazil, far away (really) from the raind forest
Interests : music, marketing, formula 1, girls-gas-gas
Humor : na minha, na boa, na paz
Favorite Car : Vaux!!!
Favorite Track : Interlagos (oh yeah, I'm keeping here waiting for her)
Registration date : 2008-09-17

http://www.blogar.com.br

Back to top Go down

Post  Pax-raider Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:39 pm

Wow, must have been an unforgettable 5 minutes during those last 3 laps, then to have the crowd thinking he was champion, only for it to be gone 30 seconds later.

Its going to be fascinating next year, with Alonso/Renault apparently back in contention, and presumably Massa & Hamilton battling it out at the top again. I wonder if Vettel and Kubica can also consistently be fighting for the top 3 too. Should be some real battles again and another close championship race.
Pax-raider
Pax-raider
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content